18 days – 09:00 AM to 3:00 PM + practical tasks
There are no prior requirements for the participation on this training.
The participant is obligated to implement a Six Sigma improvement project on his own for the certification. However, the participation is also possible without the implementation of a training-accompanying improvement project. In this case the certification can then be carried out as a follow-up. For the selection of a suitable project, our trainer will always be available in advance or within the framework of the first training block.
Group of participants:
Employees and managers of production and service companies of private and public organizations.
Test and certification:
At the end of the second and fourth training block, a written exam (multiple choice, duration approx. 90 minutes) is given. After completing the course and taking part in the examination, each participant will receive a qualification certificate. The participant is awarded a „Six Sigma Black Belt“ confirmation of qualification, if the following conditions are met:
- Participation in all training blocks
- Passed written test
The training content meets the requirements of the American Society for Quality (ASQ) are conform to the ISO 13053-1:2011 and the ISO 13053-2:2011.
The Training is held in English language.
Certified trainer (Six Sigma Master Black Belt)
Methods of knowledge transfer:
Introductory lecture, presentation of case studies, group work and workshops, implementation of knowledge in an own improvement project.
The participants receive comprehensive training material in printed and bundled and in digital form in .PDF format. The material originated during the training (photos of flipchart drawings …) and other documents will be sent to the participants after the training.
Each participant must have a notebook with Microsoft® Excel 2003 or above and the latest MINITAB® software version installed. The MINITAB® software can be downloaded as free demo or buy. MINITAB® can be purchased in various license options. Contact us for more information.
We assure you of a comprehensive knowledge transfer with practical information by an experienced and competent trainer. In a pleasant training atmosphere, where all participants receive enough space for an exchange of experience.
The participant obtains the „Six Sigma Black Belt” certificate, when the following conditions are met:
- Participation in all training blocks
- Passed the written examination during the training
- Proven application of the Six Sigma methods in a separate improvement project to the qualification period
- Confirmation of project completion
- Registration for Certification Day in written form
- Final report / presentation with proof of project success and definite potential savings, presented by the participant on the certification day within 18 months after having finished the training
For further details please refer to our certification guidelines, which are handed out at the beginning of each training.
If you wish a single certification separately, we are pleased to organize a single certification online for you. For this form of certification, additional costs of € 250,- plus legal VAT per participant will be charged.
If execution of a certification project and final reporting at the Certification Day within 18 months is not possible, you can extend the certification time frame up to 24 months and register for one of the Certification Days or choose a single certification (online). In this case additional costs of € 250,- plus legal VAT will be charged.
After the participation in the training…
- you have a thorough understanding of the Six Sigma approach and you are aware of the prerequisites for a successful implementation of the Six Sigma methodology
- you gain a specific practical knowledge by directly applying the knowledge in a separate improvement project (parallel to the training)
- you are able to successfully implement Six Sigma Black Belt projects
- you master standardized project management tools to successfully manage project teams and complete improvement projects
- you can use tools of modern data analysis and apply them in operational situations and problems
“Six Sigma Black Belt”, see certification requirements.
The Six Sigma Methodologies are explained through an example project and with extensive workshops deepened. Following phases are viewed:
DEFINE-Phase: The purpose of the Define Phase is to understand 100% the project objective, taking into account the initial situation in order to determine the extent and set goals. With the project assignment, the framework conditions of the project are bindingly defined, taking into account as many aspects as possible. Important tools are:
- Project charter
- Project key figures
- Six Sigma project management and organization
- Change Management
- Project Risk Evaluation
- Process Mapping (SIPOC, Supplier, Input, Process, Output, Customer)
- Customer requirements (VoC, Voice of Customer)
- Prioritization tools (C&E Matrix, Pareto)
MEASURE-Phase: The second stage in a Six Sigma project involves data collection. Important tools are:
- Metrics and data types
- Fundamentals of Statistics, key figures
- Foundations for a reliable and representative data collection
- Full overview of the Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Determination of sample sizes
- Process capability analysis for continuous and discrete features
- Graphical data analysis
- Multi-Vari Analysis
- Modern tools for data preparation
ANALYZE-Phase: The Analyze Phase includes a systematic entry to the process and at the same time the development of a causal chain as well as the development of targeted hypotheses. With the help of measurements and their data, the causes and effects are analyzed using graphical and statistical tools. At the end of the Analyze Phase, you know which factors are most significant. Important tools are:
- Methodological process analysis and visualization
- Risk Assessment (FMEA)
- Ishikawa diagram
- Development of hypotheses and planning a causal data acquisition
- Pattern recognition in data
- Hypothesis tests
- Regression Analysis
- Analysis of Variance (ANOVA)
- Design of Experiments (DoE)
- Transfer functions
IMPROVE-Phase: In the Improve Phase, the process is redesigned so that its output delivers the results requested by the customer. Important tools are:
- Recognizing the need for a process redesign
- Tools to generate solutions
- Axiomatic design foundation
- Selection of solutions
- Implementation of best solution
- Cost-Benefit Analysis
CONTROL-Phase: The Control Phase ensures that the improvements are sustainable. Important tools are:
- Control Plan Development
- SPC Control Chart (structure, guide, interpret)
- Process controlling
- Knowledge management
- Project completion
- Project documentation
Cost and service scope:
€ 9.700,- excluding German VAT / MwSt for each participant
In the mentioned costs are considered following services:
- Comprehensive training documents (in paper form and as .PDF files)
- Numerous data files, tools for exercises
- Several breaks in consultation with the trainer
- Photo documentation with the results from the workgroups (transmission is carried out in the following)
- „Six Sigma Black Belt“ confirmation of qualification
- Review of the Six Sigma Project by a Six Sigma Master Black Belt
- Participation at the Certification Day
- „Six Sigma Black Belt“ certificate
We grant a discount of 10% on the regular seminar fee for the second and each subsequent participant from the same organization to this course.
Training accompanying coaching (optional offer):
Experience has shown that there are many hurdles and pitfalls in the implementation of Six Sigma improvement projects. If there is no suitable coaching available in these initial stage, the probability of failure increases significantly. If there isn’t any qualified Six Sigma contact person on site for mentoring the improvement project we are glad to assist you in your journey.
The training accompanying coaching and mentoring fees are charged with the training course. This coaching packages can also be booked after the training. All coaching packages can be individually extended as needed. Successive coaching and mentoring hours are charged with € 175,- and coaching days on-site with € 1.550,-. The indicated prices for onsite coaching are without travel expenses. All mentioned prices are excluding VAT (German MwSt.)
Further Six Sigma and related professional trainings:
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt